Pages

Friday 20 April 2012

So, Goodnight Moon, And Goodnight You

Date Written: April 20th, 2012
Date Posted: April 20th, 2012
Currently Listening To: Go RadioGoodnight Moon


So, first thing; I wrote and posted this late just because today I heard the song I’m currently listening to and I’m in love with it and I wanted to use a lyric from it that was accurate to the post. This is what I came up with.
Next thing; I actually got somewhere in my writing. Not far, because I’m such a procrastinator, but I was in a slump that I couldn’t get out of, but I finally did, which leads me to…

Third thing; I couldn’t write description for a while. Not that I wouldn’t, I literally could not do it. I’ve always been better at writing dialogue, but suddenly I had pages and pages filled with conversations between my characters with the random two lines of random description because I felt I had to add it in. So today, I spent my lunch hour today outside of my school and describing what I saw, heard, and felt. I got one page (double-sided) filled, and the descriptions got progressively longer as I went along, so I’m really happy.
Fourth thing; I’ve started on summaries for my books. They probably won’t be up for a while – I’ve got like… eleven to do, and I’ve only done three – but I’m not (totally) slacking!

Fifth thing; I don’t know what to post for the writing excerpt. I’ll be consulting my writing buddies (AKA bugging them into oblivion) as to what I should post, but it’ll be up soon enough… or, you know, “eventually” would be the more accurate term.
Last thing; I found out today that a girl who goes to my school has a book published. I’m even more determined now.

So, these were my closing thoughts for the week. Goodnight to all of you!

-          May :)

2 comments:

  1. WHAT. WHICH GIRL? LET'S BE FRIENDS WITH HER. (I am so creepy it's not even funny... I'm prepared to follow this kid home)

    But wooo! I can't wait to read the summaries/excerpts as I'm sure they'll be amazing :) Feel free to send me, y'know, everything ever.

    I totally need to go listen to this song now. You have awesome taste in music after all.

    And we already talked about the description and how great I think it is :) GO MAY.

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend! <3

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT?!

      I really wanted to find her and be like "OMG YOU'RE SO COOL I IDOLIZE YOU WILL YOU PLEASE SPEAK TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE." I've decided I'm going to read her book first... then I'll find her and say these things to her. :D

      Of course, everything I write goes through you first :D And don't worry, you shall be getting a couple soon.

      Because of this song, I've made a list of things I want to tack on my bedroom walls. And I'm not the only one with a good taste in music, m'dear. :)

      Hope you have an amazing one as well (L)

      - May :)

      Delete