Pages

Friday 27 April 2012

I Feel Like Banging My Head Against A Wall

Date Written: April 26th, 2012
Date Posted: April 27th, 2012
Currently Listening To: Pierce The VeilKissing In Cars


I feel like pounding my skull against an area that is made of brick.
I’d do it against my keyboard, but I doubt my laptop, Alchemy, would appreciate that. Mommy and daddy wouldn’t be too pleased with that, either. And I’m at school, so I’d get a tad too many weird looks and a lot of people would ask me questions as to what’s wrong and a lot of them wouldn’t understand the reason if I told them unless all of them write stories. Which would be beyond awesome, but really – what are the chances of that happening?

So, why do I feel the need to bash my brain against some sort of hard surface?
Because for the last little while, I’ve been contemplating joining some sort of writing competition. So, on Tuesday, I was talking to one of my friends and she asked me about looking into a short story contest for a local newspaper. So I did, and while I didn’t find one for a newspaper, I found a link to a website that does a free one.

It’s a story that has to be between 100 – 1499 words and it’s flash fiction. And after researching flash fiction, I’ve realized something that makes me want to beat my cranium against a rigid plane.
I don’t like flash fiction very much.

Well, the closing date is July 12th, so I guess I’ll pull it together by then. After all, it’s like… two and a half months. Or I’ll, you know, find another contest to do.
-          May :)

No comments:

Post a Comment